Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 June 2015

The greatest lesson I never learned - Umair Haque

The greatest Lesson I never learned 

I had many teachers, great and wise. Book by book, lesson by lesson, they taught me all I thought I needed to know. How to judge, what to understand, why to strive. Who to be, how to get, what to want.

I studied diligently, and grew. The lessons of my teachers saw me safely through storm and fury, heartbreak and triumph. I stood tall, strong, proud. A boy had become a man.

And yet. The more I knew, the less I understood. The more I had, the less I was. The more I won, the less I felt. And I did not know why.

The boy had become the man. But what was the meaning of the journey? What does it mean…to be here, alive, for a brief moment, underneath the endless stars?




No comments:

Post a Comment