Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 January 2012

First post!

This is my first post here! Don't really know how to start off but I figure a picture is worth a thousand words so here is a few thousand words:
 A macro close up of a flower from my garden.
 A butterfly fluttering around my garden.
 Female weaver bird perched on a bottle brush tree branch.
 The color of this flower is unbelievably saturated!
 Another butterfly shot!
 Dandelion close up.
Honey bee doing what it does best!


Perhaps a bit on equipment used for these shots. Over the years I have had several entry level cameras and they all seemed to work pretty well for my intents and purposes. I had mostly simple Point and Shoot cameras and slowly worked my way up to a couple of bridge cameras. My current weapons of choice though are:

Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm kit lens and 18-200mm Sigma lens as well as a Tamron 70-300mm DG Macro lens.For most of the macro shots I use the 18-55mm kit lens with the Raynox DCR-250 macro attachment. Below is what my kit basically looks like:




I also use a Canon SX220 power shot when out in the bush or areas where I don't want to carry a DSLR around.





I will post some more pictures in the days to come.                        

















No comments:

Post a Comment